We’ve made two improvements to the Hotline Archives: archives with opened documents now print more clearly, and the addition of Identifix Articles to the “Diagnostic Codes” section of the archives when available. Direct-Hit is also compatible with Android™ mobile devices. Last, we’ve added a “Dodge Truck (Ram)” option to our vehicle make dropdown since Dodge now markets their trucks under the “Ram” name.
Click on each item below for more details.
• Hotline Archive printing improvements DETAILS >
• Identifix Articles included in the “Diagnostic Codes” Hotline Archive section DETAILS >
Our Carline Specialists have written hundreds of articles to help you on all kinds of vehicle issues. To supplement the “Diagnostic Codes” section of the Hotline Archives, we’ve included any articles that we have on the codes (if available) to provide you with additional insight from our own ASE Masters. Just click on the “+” next to the appropriate code to see if we’ve written any articles about it.
• Direct-Hit compatibility with Android™ mobile devices DETAILS >
Direct-Hit is now compatible with Android™ mobile devices so you can access Direct-Hit right at the vehicle. Please review the information below for more details.
- You may view Direct-Hit on Android™ mobile devices (phones and tablets) using their default web browser (which is simply called “Browser”). Within the Android™ Marketplace you can download other browsers such as Firefox, Opera and Dolphin, however we do not officially support anything other than Android™’s Browser.
- The Android™ “Browser” does not support viewing a PDF in-line, in other words within an expanded list of items. Here you will see a message saying “Sorry, Android™ devices do not support displaying PDFs within a browser.” Identifix cannot address this limitation until the Android™ Browser adds this functionality.
- To print, you must download Android™’s printing app (available in the Android™ Marketplace) that allows you to print over wifi. There is additional set-up required through your Android™ device that defaults the printing app as the printing service on your device.
• “Dodge Truck (Ram)” option added to vehicle make dropdown DETAILS >
In 2011, Dodge changed the branding of their trucks to “Ram Trucks,” no longer manufacturing trucks under the “Dodge” brand name. As a result, some Direct-Hit customers have had trouble finding Ram truck information. To make it easier, we added the “Dodge Truck (Ram)” option in the vehicle make dropdown in the “Create a New Vehicle” section.
Direct-Hit is now compatible with Apple® iOS mobile devices so you can access diagnostic, repair and maintenance information without leaving the vehicle. We also included a new “Fax Request Form” at no charge so you can request OEM documents that you can’t find it in Direct-Hit. Last, we enhanced the printing performance of Direct-Hit so your documents can load and print faster than ever before.
Click on each item below for more details.
• Direct-Hit is compatible with Apple® iOS devices DETAILS >
Direct-Hit is now compatible with Apple® iOS mobile devices so you can access Direct-Hit right at the vehicle. Please review the information below for more details.
- You may view Direct-Hit on Apple® mobile devices using Safari in iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch). This excludes other Apple® mobile products such as the iPod Nano, iPod Classic because they do not use iOS as their operating system or have the Safari browser.
- Apple® mobile devices do not support Flash media. If you attempt to load a flash file, you will see the following message: “Apple® mobile devices do not support viewing flash (.flv, .swf) files. Because of this limitation, we cannot display the document you are trying to view.” Identifix cannot address this limitation until the Apple® adds this functionality.
- To print, you must have an Airprint enabled printer (specific models) and have it set up as a network (wifi) printer.
• Fax Request Form for OEM documents DETAILS >
If you can’t find an OEM Service Manual document – foreign or domestic – we’ll provide it to you at no additional cost (if available). Simply click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page in Direct-Hit. Then click the link to our “Fax Request Form” to request the information you need.