Real-World Fixes from Real-World Technicians.
Live technical assistance for professional shop owners and technicians seeking a trusted second opinion and additional expertise on tough vehicle issues. Call (800) 288-6210 to speak with a professional.
Repair Hotline Overview
In 1987 Identifix started out as an auto repair hotline, offering live technical assistance to professional shop owners and technicians seeking a trusted second opinion and additional expertise on various vehicle issues. More than 4 million calls later, our Repair Hotline is still providing personal service to customers across North America.
When you don’t have time to puzzle through a tough problem, the Identifix Repair Hotline is staffed by over 45 OE factory-trained ASE Master, L1 Carline Specialists waiting to help. If it’s new to you, chances are we’ve seen it before. Our Repair Hotline is organized into five Carline teams:
So you’re always speaking with an expert on your particular vehicle.
Current Hotline Pricing
Current Repair Hotline pricing for non Direct-Hit subscribers is as follows (Direct-Hit subscriber pricing is lower):
- First Call: $39.00
- Second Call (same issue): $17.50
- Third Call (same issue): $9.00
- Fourth+ Calls (same issue): No Charge
And yes, you’re reading it right–you’ll never pay more than $65.50 for a single issue. Also, the majority of issues are resolved on the FIRST CALL. Please note the Identifix Repair Hotline cannot support modified, recovered, chopped or damaged vehicles.
Good Reasons to Call
- When the Usual Suspects Are Not the Problem. Our experts can pick up where your initial testing leaves off. If finding the right fix is taking too much time, our team can work with you to find the right diagnosis, so you can get right to fixing the problem.
- When You Need a Trusted Second Opinion. Sometimes you want a second opinion–especially before installing a costly part. Our friendly team of master technicians is waiting to help you quickly confirm if you’re on the right track.
- When You Don’t Want to Turn Away a Job. Be an expert on any vehicle make and a hero to your customers. Each of our master technicians works in carline-specific teams, averaging 15 years of experience, so you can rely on their expertise instead of turning away less familiar makes.