Best Practices For Running Your Shop During COVID-19
In these uncertain times, we wanted to take a few moments to share some best practices we have compiled for everyone looking for some best practices for running their shops in the midst of COVID-19. Here are three major keys for operating as well as possible during this pandemic.
- Increase Communication Within the Shop
- Encourage employees to frequently wash their hands or provide hand sanitizers for mechanics to use while interacting with the inside of a customer’s vehicle
- Routinely clean countertops or frequently touched surfaces or items (such as tools, phones, pens)
- Keep open communication managers and employees
- Staying up to date with what is happening with state health authority’s advice and regularly with your staff on how the situation is changing.
- Maintaining open communication with your staff will help if changes arise in your strategy for working with customers
- Take Extra Measures to Keep Customers Safe
- Maintain comfortable distances between customers (CDC recommends 6FT apart)
- Provide and encourage customers to use certain trash cans to dispose of any gloves or personal protective equipment.
- Encouraging customers to pay via online services like Paypal, Apple Pay or Zelle to reduce direct contact of cash or credit cards
- Sanitize all areas of the vehicle that might have been touched by the tech while he was working on the issue (i.e Door handles, steering wheel, gear shift)
- Be Kind
- This is a scary time for a lot of people so being kind and showing empathy towards customers and employees is valued more then you would expect. Check-in with your staff daily to make sure they feel like they are being heard in any concerns they might be experiencing.
We know there are not a lot of certainties right now, but one thing is sure, Identifix will be here to support your shops and help provide the helping hand in your repairs.
Some Additional Helpful Resources